How to Download SuperSU for Android?
SuperSU APK is the superuser administration provided to the users to have the control over total Android Device. It was developed by Chainfire and manages the root permission on your device once it is rooted. Users can find SuperSU app on Google PlayStore, but it doesn’t give access to root. To gain the root access zip file of SuperSU must be installed into the phone.
Generally, there are three ways to root a phone.
- Unlock the Bootloader
- Exploit a security vulnerability
- Flashing Custom Rom
If your device has unlockable bootloader then you can root it by flashing SuperSU. Here is the quick guide of installing the SuperSU APK and rooting the devices.
Unlocking the Bootloader
- Backup all the data present in your device.
- Go to the Android Studio link provided in the required files section, download the zip file and extract it in a folder.
- Open the SDK manager folder and deselect all the options except “Android SDK Platform-Tools”. After the installation is completed you can close the SDK manager.
- Install the USB drivers related to your phone. You can find them on your device’s official website.
- Reboot the computer.
- Go to settings>About Phone, tap on build number until you enter into developer mode.
- Go to the main settings and you will find developer options, open it.
- Enable OEM unlocking,. Later enable USB debugging too.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Go to the manufacturer’s bootloader unlocking page of your device and create an account there.
- The manufacturer’s site will help you in the further steps.
- Go to SDK folder in your Android device and shift+right click on the empty space. Select “Open command prompt here” option and use the command prompt window to unlock the device.
- Retrieve the unlock key as described by the manufacturer.
- A very long string of characters will be appearing on the command prompt. Copy and paste it on the manufacturer’s website. Make sure that there are no spaces and the program is pasted as it is.
- If your device is unlockable, a mail will be sent to the mail ID that you have registered with a key or file that can be used in next step.
- Hold the power and volume down button for some seconds and then release them. You will be entered into the fastboot mode.
- On your PC open the platform tools shift+right click on the empty space. Select “Open command prompt here” option and use the command prompt window to unlock the device.
- A simple code must be used to run unlock the device and it will be different for different devices.
- After completion of running the code, your device will reboot and a message will appear on your phone screen stating that bootloader unlocked. Now you can install the TWRP into your device.
Flashing the device using SuperSU
- Install the latest version of SuperSU on your device by following the above link.
- Download the .zip file in your PC and connect your phone with PC.
- Transfer the SuperSU zip file to your phone’s internal memory or SD card.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery.
- Click on install button and scroll down until you see the SuperSU zip file.
- Tap on it and swipe right to confirm to flash the SuperSU.
- Wait till the SuperSU is flashed and wipe the cache/dalvik.
- If TWRP asks you to install SuperSU, then click on do not install as it will ask you to install the built in version when it isn’t able to detect the SuperSU on your device.
- Reboot the phone and find the SuperSU app icon in your app drawer. Whenever an app wants to get permissions related to your phone, it must ask the SuperSU app.
You can manage all the permissions related to your phone using SuperSU. There is an option to unroot your device temporarily using SuperSU in order to access the unrooted privileges on your device.